Powder Springs Logistics is a joint venture formed between Magellan Midstream and Colonial Pipeline. A new facility, named Greenfield, was constructed on a 60 acre property adjacent to an existing Colonial Pipeline asset and now houses North America’s two largest spherical pressure vessels. The greenfield facility’s main objectives were to offload, store, and inject butane into Colonial Pipeline assets. From FEED to commissioning and as builts, the project spanned from May 2014 to July 2018.
- Funding Level Estimate and Risk Assessment
- Full Engineering Suite of Services
- Civil/Structural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- E&I Engineering
- Dual Redundant Power Feeds
- Vaporizer and Compressor Assisted Truck Offload
- PSM Facility
- Construction Support
Notable Accomplishments & Challenges
- North America’s two largest spherical pressure vessels.
- Reduced butane truck offloading timeframe by 50%; fastest in Magellan’s system.