Cimarex Energy Co. has been and is continuing to develop its Triple Crown Natural Gas Gathering System after extensive drilling operations in the Wolfcamp Shale and Bone Springs Sands region of the Permian Basin. Multiple natural gas compression stations with dehydration and condensate offloading capabilities have been installed starting in 2017 and continuing into 2020 to move and provide dehydration for raw natural gas from their well gathering system and send it to natural gas processing facilities in the area for further liquids separation. Excellence Engineering became involved in August 2018 to provide comprehensive electrical and control system design for upgrading assets at existing compression facilities in Culberson and Reeves County, Texas, and expanding into new build stations consisting of eight 3608 CAT driven Arial compressors.
- Electrical Load Flow, Short Circuit, and Coordination Studies
- Arc Flash Analysis
- Power Distribution System Design
- Area Classification Study
- Factory Acceptance Testing & Inspection
- Construction Inspection & Support Services
Notable Accomplishments & Challenges
- Field inspections drastically reduced contractor oversights as the program has progressed.